Did you ever grab a handful of clothes that looked great on the rack at your favorite clothing store only to come out of the dressing room and not buy any because they didn’t fit your body correctly? The same thing applies to glasses, just because you like the color or shape does not mean they are suited for your face shape.
Properly fitting glasses are important to your comfort and safety. Vogue Opticals licensed Opticians will guide you in finding the right fit for your glasses.
The style of the glasses you choose can help you look your best. But the fit of your glasses is just as important:
- Glasses that don’t fit properly can look out of place and detract from a professional appearance.
- Glasses with a poor fit can be uncomfortable. They can press against your ears, slide down your nose or even fall off.
- When your glasses feel uncomfortable, you may not wear them as often as you should. And if you’re not wearing your glasses as prescribed, you’re putting your vision—and possibly your safety and the safety of those around you—at risk.
- In many cases your prescription will dictate what frames are recommended to suit your lenses as it relates to thickness or multifocals requiring the optician’s expert input.
- The most important thing to remember is that if your glasses don’t fit as they should, they may not be correcting your vision properly. A proper glasses fitting will ensure your pupils are aligned to the optical center of your lenses. If your pupils are not aligned to the optical center of the lenses, your vision will not be corrected properly.
Over time and sometimes from taking your glasses off incorrectly by using one hand or putting them up on your head or maybe storing them without their protected case may cause them to loose their proper adjustment. Your glasses purchased at Vogue Optical come with a lifetime of free cleaning and adjustments so please feel free to drop in whenever you need to re adjust your eyewear.